Re: New Member Askin Help

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Sun Sep 29 1996 - 17:32:48 EDT

nonegeo@gte.net wrote:

> Hi - My name is George I own a 90 Dakota/SE X-Cab
> 3.9 Liter. I bought it with about 20k on the odom
> it's now pushing 100k.
>
> I'm looking to go in & replace the timing chain
> also the frount seal is leaking & I figure while
> I've got it all tourn down Ill replace the water
> pump & get the radiatorchecked & cleaned out.
>
> Any help on what type of timin set to use or any-
> thing to do while Im in there would be greatly
> apreacated.
> TIA - George

Do your self a favor... use OE parts as I doubt if much exists for
timing chains that are as good as stock for your year. Can send you
those parts for free... (caution: this offer may have been made by a
prankster... and normal pricing may apply) Magnum Performance (713)
354-7223

--

Jules/MPI 99 Tech Central Dodgeville, DAK USA