Re: 104 octane boost

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 1996 - 22:40:47 EDT

Can't understand how fuel with a higher octane rating will ruin an engine.
Waste your money yes, but ruin your engine I doubt it. Unless you were
running highly leaded high octane fuel which might lead to badly fouled
plugs and heavy deposits on the piston crowns. Since leaded premium fuel
is not readily available anymore, I can't see what the problem would be.
Been running premium in my bike which is supposed to run on regular for
nearly 50K miles with no damage.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE, Mopar SBEC runs on premium