Re: Tranny Problems

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 1996 - 14:34:37 EDT

Herb-

I wouldn't worry about the metal shavings if this is the first time that
you've changed the lube. The magnetic plug is just doing its job, picking
up the metal shavings that were left over from the machining process
during manufacture. Just to be on the safe side (and to flush out the
tranny a bit more), I'd change the lube again next spring.

Dunno about the speed control. The cruise on my '87 is almost worthless
when it comes to a positive setting. :-(

-Jim.
'87 V6 4x4

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer    email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com