Intro II

From: James Hahn (jahahn@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 1996 - 01:10:14 EDT

> Thanx for the welcome everybody
>
> First to clarify the 95 with 32000 controversy (see Big Intro)
> The truck's previous owner hot rodded it plain and simple.
> The engine was full of goodies such as a Mallory ignition and K&N filter.
> A dual exhaust hung out the back that leaked and looked like a hack job
> and had a healthy backfire through it on deceleration.
> The clutch seemed to be slipping a little.
> Sorry this didn't make it into the final draft.
>
> All this is neither here nor there cause they sold the truck to some
> teenager while I was out taking it for a test drive. His problem now as
> far as I'm concerned. I told the dealer that the truck had been rode
> hard and put away wet and he said it didn't matter cause he had just sold
> it. He thanked me for inadvertently applying a little pressure on the
> sale. He promised (taken at face value, of course) to keep an eye out
> for me and cut a better deal for me when one comes around.
> Unfortunately all the best picks have been 4x4's that cost about 1.5 to
> 2x as much to insure not to mention the 2000+ extra just to buy the truck.
>
> I appreciate all the help and comments that I have received so far.

Hey Jon,

        The Magnum Performance place that I mentioned recommends
lightweight forged pistons and zero gap rings for long term durability
with either a supercharger or regularly applied NO2. When combining the
two I think it seems reasonable to assume that this would become a must.
The quarter mile should be over about 1+ seconds quicker with one or the
other and about 1.5 seconds quicker when combined. The MOPAR computer is
required when opting for the Vortech and running MSD's Boost Master
ignition system. I strongly recommend this if you ever plan on upping
the boost beyond the "stock" 5-6 psi to 9, 11, or 12psi. This allows the
timing to self adjust to the increasing boost level as rpm rises allowing
the engine to run close to detonation where they make the most power.
Unfortunately on the NO2 side I am only aware of a kit from NOS that only
applies to 92-93 5.2's and if I remember correctly you have a 96. I am
sure that with a little ingenuity this minor detail could be overcome.

Hope this little bit proves helpful.
There is more where that came from.
If you want the full earful let me know and I'll try and find time to
type out everything I can remember/research for you or anyone else for
that matter.

Until tomorrow or the next day or....

Jim Hahn
Just a Wannabe