Re: dealers and problems

From: BAMILLER@CSUPomona.Edu
Date: Wed Oct 09 1996 - 17:30:32 EDT

A word of advice stemming from "elliott"'s experience with the ignition
system. The stock wires are carbon core and I've seen many, on Daks and
other ChryCo products, simple disintegrate after 10-12K miles. It happened
to me. The engine started missing bad at wide open throttle above 3000rpm.
I pulled over and popped the hood and everything looked okay til I checked
the connections for the plug and coil wires at the dist. As soon as I
touched the coil wire it disintegrated into dust. After having the AAA tow
it to the nearest Chiefs and making my own coil wire. I took it to Dodge and
they said it was common. I guess the coil wire insulation starts to crack
and it crossfires with the plug wires next to it charing all of them.

Get some good Silicone core wires. Magnecore makes a good 8mm set for the
Dak.

Brett Miller