Re: Trouble Codes

From: Robert Allen (boballen@sky.net)
Date: Fri Oct 11 1996 - 07:33:09 EDT

Alan Casey wrote:

> Last night my engine started cutting out and the check engine light came on.
> I checked the error code and I got 12,21 and 55. Anyone know what those
> mean? I need to get a shop manual, but right now I would rather spend the
> money on whats causing the problem..
> Thanks..
>
> Alan Casey 94 SLT, V8, 5spd, MP Computer, Flowmaster exhaust.

Well, from the handy URL

http://www.sky.net/~boballen/dakota/OBD2.HTM

12 means you disconnected the battery lately.
21 means your O2 sensor died.
55 means the diagnostic test completed successfully.

There you, go drop $30 on a new O2 sensor and send me a
12 pack of Coors light for that thorough analysis.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 96 RC/SB, 2WD, V8 Auto