Re: Towing

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 1996 - 11:29:01 EDT

You wrote:

>> > You can always get the guy to look at your GCVW on the capacity
>> >sticker in the driver's door frame.
>
>> I tried that, and unfortunately they will only go by what their book says. I
>> would imagine that it bundles the Dakota from years 88-96, being that the 88's tow
>> rating is/was based on the 2000lbs bumper rating.
>
> Man, that's lame! Don't ya hate bureaucracy?
>
> Well, I'm all with Sam. That is nothing more than pure stupidity.
>
> Ron

    Hey, even a bigger laugh is what my friend was told yesterday. He went to rent one
of the U-haul car carriers (not the tow dolly) to haul an old Lincon car for a friend.
He has a '94 Ford (I know I Know!) F250 w/460, 4x4, extra cab... They told him that his
truck was only rated to 4000# towing!!! HA HA... He called a towing company because
they wouldn't rent him the trailer.... Too funny...

    Oh, sorry, back to Dakota stuff...

    ....Sam '95 SLT CC V8, vin # !$@#!#!@#!@#

    BTW My friend told me I should have bought a bigger truck when I told
         him about my story... When he called me last night I laughed and told him that
         he should have bought a RAM V10!!!

            :)