Re: Crushed Y-pipe?

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 17 1996 - 23:16:23 EDT

In a message dated 96-10-17 09:51:18 EDT, wgcount@husc.harvard.edu (Bill
Countie) writes:

<< "Y" pipe is crushed as a cheap way to get
 clearance for the front drive shaft for the 4X4. >>
Interesting, here's what I found out... The Magnum manifolds
design was based off the 69 T/A Six-Pac manifolds, which we all know
how well they flowed, and during this design, these manifolds were put
on a Superflow bench. The driver's side Magnum flowed 115% and the
passenger side flowed 95% of the T/A's. If you ever get to look at these
manifolds,
look at the passenger rear cylinder and you will see that restriction.
Therefore, every crossover was crimped to equalize the exhaust flow.
I had my manifolds ported and polished, then applied a Eastwood coating.
It's safe to say, looks aside, these perform as well as the $500
newbies offered by Doug Thorley, granted, they look awesome.
Ever wonder why the $500 headers only offer a "PEAK" 15 horse over stock?
Kuk