Re: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance O...

From: Wade Mintz (wademintz@randomc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 1996 - 11:28:38 EDT

I'm just researching "inexpensive" bolt-on performace mods for my
truck. I'd like to get a 10% increase in HP and MPG at a minimum. Most
of the ads I've read for "Chip upgrades" and "Ignition Modules"
promist that and more. I'm currently getting < 20MPG and feel that
this truck being a 2WD should get better mileage than that.

On the other side of the coin, I'm looking to resolve the "noisy
lifter" symptom. At this point, I've purchased some risolene and am
waiting another 1k mi. before adding/changing, since I just changed
the oil last week.

Tell me more about the HI-6 ignition module. Where can you purchase
one, and what kind of results did you get after installing it?

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 00:03:05 -0400, you wrote:

>The HI-6 was put in series with the coil to boost the output while
>maintaining the stock Chrysler ignition systems to deliver it. As for gas
>mileage the last time my wife and I cheched, we sqeezed 330 miles
>on the 15 gallon tank on the highway, but around town, due to the
>leadfoot behind it, it averages 120 miles per tank. What is that, 8-9 mpg?
>Anyhow, it ran me roughly $150 and was a piece of cake to install.
>What are you exactly wanting your truck to do?
>Kuk

~~Mintz Computer Services~~
~~3595 Canton Road~~
~~Suite A9179~~