Re: Dakota Problem

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 1996 - 13:59:09 EDT

You wrote:

>That was you on 52? Dave

    Yeah! :)

    I was beaten by a Volkswagen vanagon! I couldn't get moving...
Everytime I let up, traction returned, then when I accelerated the
thing would break loose! I was in 3rd gear in before I started
moving... The suregrip, makes for a sure slip when wet! My old '91
non-sure grip Dakota was a breeze to drive when wet: Right tire spins,
left tire does nothing! The truck goes straight... With sure grip, it
is very touchy (even when driving mellow, and I was driving mellow
today). How many cars/trucks can break loose the rear end at 50 mph??
(not during a burn out, just accelerating to fwy speeds on the onramp)
I just came back from walking one of our jobsites, and the plumber
drives a Dak. with the RT stuff on it... He said he was having a fun
time driving to work this morning... So it isn't just me...

    "Can I ride the brake for traction control??" :p

    Another Dak. question:

    I hauled a full load of firewood 2 weeks ago (up to bottow of rear
window of cab)...and had about .5" of clearance from my suspension
rubber snubbers. I have the 1450# payload pkg., and not the 2000#. I
would REALLY like to put airshocks on my truck, but know about the
shock-brace scenerio... What are the alternatives (<$150 in price:
The price of good air shocks installed )

    ...Sam SLT '95