Re: Help Re: Cap

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 1996 - 19:54:00 EST

At 09:55 AM 5/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Help. I'm looking for a used cap for my '91 short box V8. What size
>will fit
>I've been told the Dakota is an odd size so I should fork out the
>$1400.00 to buy a new one cause used ones are rare.
>
>Gordon, Black, '91 V8, SB

Gordon:

I've priced out caps for a short box Dakota and the price ranges from about
$1400 (Canadian) here in Victoria. It all depends upon what you want. I
plan to spend about $900 for a white fibreglass bubble top with side opening
windows.

The shop wanting $1400 was selling a painted unit, side and front sliding
windows and a high mount stop light in the cap's rear window. You can buy
aluminum caps for less than $700, but they don't look so nice.

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada