Re: Help Re: Cap

From: Eric Kozowski (kozowski@structured.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 1996 - 19:19:22 EST

> I found a GEM TOP (smooth Aluminum) white shell for sale...$100.00.
>I picked it up, but needed to replace 1 side window. The window cost
>$125 (parts & installation), and took 5 weeks to get!! (The Dakota
>shells have curved glass, and GEM TOP was bought by LEER, they don't
>make 'em any more, blah blah blah was what I was told!)

Actually, Gem Tops are steel, not alum. Also, they are still in business.
The factory is just down the road from my office. I purchased a new
cab high, steel, sliding front and side windows (screens on side), ladder
rack, painted to match, insulated and lined and dome lite for $1100.

> Total cost $225.00 Not bad, it has a few dings, but matches the
>BRIGHT WHITE of the Dakota perfectly. My friends can't believe that
>it's aluminum, and not fiberglass.

It's not. It's steel.

--
Eric Kozowski              Senior Network Engineer
eric@structured.net        Structured Network Systems, Inc.