Poor performance after overheating

From: Gordon Pelosse (b1etao69@pop1.sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu May 02 1996 - 22:21:47 EDT

I lost most of my coolant on the drive home on Friday, my thermostat had come apart and jambed,
causing my engine to overheat by not allowing the proper coolant flow.
No problem I went to Canadian Tire and got a new 180 degree unit, $12.95. After I got it all
back together my engine ran poorly and missed alot with some pinging. So I ran back to the
store and got a new set of plugs, rotor and cap. Needed them anyway.
The engine still misses and doesn't accellerate like it used to (was passed by a Honda today).
Could I have over heated something else? I'm pretty confident I didn't warp a head or blow a
head gasket (no water in oil or vise versa, plugs are clean).
Could it be a sensor?

Thanks for any advise you may have, Gordon '91 V8, SB 120Km's