Re: gas guage

From: Stephen Pchajek (swpc@gwl.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 04 1996 - 09:10:14 EST

At 12:54 AM 1996-11-02 -0800, you wrote:
>Jon,
>My '92 Dakota has the 22 gallon tank, as well. I have never been able
>to get more than 16 to 17 gallons in it, even when the gas gauge shows
>empty and the idiot light comes on. I believe I asked the dealer
>about this soon after purchasing the truck. I think the explanation
>was even though the actual capacity of the tank is 22 gallons, the
>design doesn't allow that much gas to go in. Does that make sense?
>I never worry about, though. With the cost of petrol being what it is,
>I don't have to take out a loan to fill the tank...yet!
> Paul

That's utter B.S. There is a Dec. 93 TSB on this problem. #24 on
<http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/TSB/4wd93> tells the
dealer how to fix (non trivial) the inaccurate guage (it's a sending unit
problem). I didn't get mine fixed and routinely drive another 100 km after
the light comes on. Then I can fit over 80 liters into my tank.
Stephen W. Pchajek (Steve)
1993 Dodge Dakota Sport
(black, clubcab, V8, AT, 4x4, 3.90, ABS)
bedliner, cap, Command-Start & Alarm, 31x10.5