Re: 4x4 necessity

From: Jerad J. Heffner (jjay@206.230.117.4)
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 17:47:44 EST

Brent Cring wrote:

> --------snip-------
> > And of course, 4x4 is a necessity!
>
> Please elaborate. Why is 4x4 a necessity? It's a very expensive
> option, and it seems that very few people REALLY need it. I'm sure
> it's very nice to have in snow, sand, or offroad, but unless you
> intend on encountering these conditions often, it just might be
> overkill. 4x4 maintenance is more expensive, and there's the
> extra weight to consider.

Also, I don't know HOW MUCH it will add, but 4x4 will add to your resale
value, if you ever decide you want to buy a new dakota and sell the old
one. A personal opinion here, it's an expensive thing, true, but 4x4
just makes a truck look like a TRUCK. The '97's with the 31(?) inch
tires, shortbed, reg. cab. Have you seen them? at least a picture?
They are one truly awesome truck.