1993 Dodge Dakota questions

From: GoBarry@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun Nov 10 1996 - 16:43:22 EST

My retired parents in their little trailer pulled by a 1993 Dodge Dakota pickup had problem with the Dakota engine stalling.
Dad took it to a dealership in N.J. The mechanic replaced the AIS motor (air speed idle control?) and the "speed sensor".
It doesn't stall anymore but in replacing this part(s) they temporarily removed the speedometer cable. After leaving the dealership
shop Dad noticed a clicking sound from the speedometer head assembly and the speedometer needle was now vibrating.
It is less apparent at higher speeds but terribly annoying under 30 mph. We are concerned that because it sounds like something is now
"wearing" that the speedometer head is going to fail. I am concerned because I've heard rumors in my past that because consumers used to
illegally disconnect their speedometer cables that they were now designed to show a problem after being disconnected. I would assume
though that since the work my Dad had done was at a dealership that they properly reinstalled the speedometer cable.
Never-the-less, the clicking noise is not tolerable and there IS something not right in there now. The dealership was reluctant
to even look at it when Dad brought it back that same day. They disconnected and reconnected the speedometer cable and there is no change.
It still vibrates and clicks. What to do next?
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)