Re: Pinging on 87 Octane??

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 1996 - 09:40:56 EST

I think that this is definately pinging. My wife's 92 Accord does this often
on hard acceration after the tach gets past about 4500. I suspect that
the injectors cannot supply enough gas at this RPM and the mixture leans
out. If you want a little assurance that it is the gas, try middle grade
or premium to see if there is any difference under similar conditions.

-Jim.
'87 v6 auto 4x4 (snow flurries here this morning!)

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com
Alcatel Data Networks                   WWW: http://www.adn.alcatel.com