Re: An idea..

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 1996 - 12:03:41 EST

You wrote:

>When my truck came back with the new distributor and flashed stock SBEC it
>ran okay, but no steam. When the Mopar SBEC went back in it ran sort of
>wierd when cold, like it was, er, cold. Runs fine now though.
>
>Give the Mopar SBEC a whole tank of gas to sort itself out.
>
>Larry Elliott

    I switch between the MP and Stock SBEC somewhat frequently (need to TOW
sometimes!) My truck runs 'cold' for about 3 minutes with or without the MP SBEC
due to the exhaust system (*I made 4 *.wav files of it, and will upload to the web
page when I figure out how!)... It will hesitate if you try to startup and drive
off right away (like a car with a carb- and the choke on). After 3-4 minutes
driving a little slow the car 'warms' up fine and by the time I am on the freeway
(1 mile away) the stars in the sky turn to streaks of light, then a large 'BOOM'
occurs as I pull up the gear, and stow the flaps!!! (You need to drive in San
Diego sometime, you'll see what I mean!!!) I got passed by the CHP last night on
the way home from work (I was going 75 mph with everyone else)... He didn't even
care...

    ...Sam '95 SLT