RE: RFI: Dakota Bed Cap - THANKS

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 1996 - 22:14:05 EST

Had a bellows seal between the cab and canopy on a previous truck, it
worked very well, and my dog loved it too. The canopy on my Dakota has a
slider in the front of it and the Dakota has a slider, open both of them
and you get a hurricane in the cab. Big pain in the butt.

The balloon seals, from what I've heard, will scour the paint off the back
of the cab where it rubs from dirt and grit that will inevitably get in
there.

Find another Lear dealer that will at least give you what you want. BTW,
$1000 doesn't sound too bad, the BacPac lump on my Dakota cost about $850
4 yrs ago.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE