Gripes

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 04:14:27 EST

 Well, I wuznt gonna bring this up, but Kuk's comments about the returned
mail got me on a roll <G>.

 I too get tired of the 15 returned messages for each post I make. But what
bends me just as much is the people that feel they have to quote 147 lines
of a previous message then add..... "Yeah, me too."

 Is quoting every message in it's entirety really necessary? How 'bout just
cutting & pasting the high points?

                Maddog

>Jon,
>
>Everytime I mail the Dakota list, I get 8-10 'undeliverable message'
>notices back. Some are full mailboxes, which may just be folks on
>vacation, but others seem to be bad or old addresses. Can you
>unsuscribe these folks, and clear some of the clutter?
>

> Yep. I usually try and stay on top of the bad addresses, unsubscribing
>them when they are no longer valid. I went to Texas last week (I live
>in New York), so I haven't had 'net access for that time. I apologize for
>the garbage messages, and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

> In case anyone is interested: Yes, I did make the trip in the Dakota
>(3300 miles round trip). Went through western New York, Pennsylvania,
>Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and finally Texas. My worst
>gas mileage was up near Cleveland (went through that little storm of
>theirs) with 9.5mpg. I averaged about 10-10.5 after that, and once I
>got further south (and out of the hills of Kentucky), I averaged about
>11-11.5. I was pulling about 3,600lbs worth of trailer on the way down,
>and about 4,000lbs on the way back.

> The Dakota performed quite admirably. Passing full size Chevys and
>Fords pulling trailers of their own, while going uphill felt pretty
>good. ;) I was also markedly faster than many of the econo-cars
>I saw also. Must be kind of a weird sight seeing a truck pulling a huge
>trailer walking away from everyone else at the stoplight... :)
>
> I got a class IV hitch installed (along with the electronic brake
>controller, electronics, etc) at an aftermarket place. My father picked
>up the trailer while I was at work, and the sales rep rode in the truck
>with him to demonstrate how the electronic brake controller worked. Anyway,
>during this test ride, the dealer was really impressed with the Dakota.
>He said that he had pulled the same trailer with Fords who were wheezing
>along, while the Dakota manhandled the thing, barely aware that it was
>attached to 3,500lbs. :)
>
> Ok, I'll shut up now. :) Sorry again for the undeliverable messages;
>I'll get on those right away.
>
> -Jon-
>
> .-------------------------------------------------------------------.
> | Jon Steiger | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 |
> | stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu | '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> | http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ | '91 Yamaha FZR600R * |
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
> * == For Sale!
>

>Lately, Amen, people with full mailboxes and no current addresses
>
>Larry
>
>On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 Kukukooter@aol.com wrote:
>
> 95% of my mail...
> Kuk