RE: fender flares

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 08:06:48 EST

From: ragnew@islandnet.com@INTERNET on Tue, Nov 19, 1996 10:15 PM

At 11:58 AM 11/19/96 -0600, you wrote:

>>You are likely to spend at least 2/3 of the TUT package just for the
flares
>>on the after market.
>>
>>Dave Clement
>>89 4x4 LE
>>

>Just for interests sake, I priced out the fender flares at the dealer.
They
>come colour matched and retail for $300 (canadian). Certainly not 2/3 of
>the cost of the package which is about $700 (canadian), but pricey.

That price seems resonable considering that they are color matched. Anyway
maybe the thing to do is if you have any contacts south of the border have
them purchase the flares for you. The $700 is much more than the current
exchange rate from the US list of $399, maybe the same will go for the
flares.

Is it typical that you pay more than the exchange rate for stuff originating
from the US?

Dave Clement