RE: 87 Dodge dakota, 3.9L V6, auto -Reply

From: Scott Lemser (SLEMSER@Compucom)
Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 12:45:19 EST

Mike writes:
Scott Lemser

>>> Mike Bayless <zzbaylm@lincolnu.edu> 11/20/96 11:05am >>>
Thanks Dave,

  I have already aquired the Mopar catalog, but it doesn't show any
listings for the cat back exhaust for the long bed carbuarated 3.9L,
any
ideas??

Sure Mike,
Make the trek down to your local Super Shops, or whatever
performance part dealer you have. Purchase a FlowMaster muffler
of your choice. (many options are available like single inlet/outlet,
single in/dual out) Then go to Midas and have them install the
muffler and run the pipes out the back.
It's been a long time since I have gone through the catalogs, but
some other sources for the system you are looking for might be
Edelbrock, Walker exhaust and Borla. I believe that Accel and Thrush
also made the systems at one time.
I have always found it to be less expensive and equally effective to
have a muffler shop fabricate the system.