88 dodge dakota

From: Kkling0755@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 20:24:54 EST

Dear owners,

2.5L, 5 speed. I bought this truck for my 17 yr old kid. It was used & had 89K miles on it. Engine checked out ok, so I thought what the heck. Knew that it needed brakes all the way round. Put larger 15" wheels on it and P75235R's. Since then we're now at 103K. This truck is breaking me. Put in new distributor & tuneup, new clutch (kind of expected it); new carburator (mechanic couldn't rebuild the old and couldn't find a used one anywhere). None of the Kcars would fit. Chrysler wanted $ 600.00 for a new one. Finally located one in California and it is not exactly right. Cost me $ 360.00 (at dealers cost, I had a friend). Now, last week, the axle broke & wrecked the gear case. Yes, even though I've got a 17 year old, there was plenty of grease in it. I'm looking for a complete rear end. Anyone out there got any suggestions (besides lighting a fire). The engine & body is in excellent condition. I think the rear end is the 1:3.55. Do any of you Dakota junkies know for sure ? My mechanic is havi

ng a hard time finding one at the junkyards here in east Tennessee. Help !
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)