Knock Sensors on '97's

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 11:31:58 EST

At 01:16 AM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Stock advance is only 26 degrees, and no detonation should occur unless you
>are in Albuquerque NM 5000 feet. MP SBEC is another story. I believe I heard
>a rumor that knock sensors are on the 97's now...anyone confirm this? Stick
>with Chevron, and you should have no problems cept for bills, I have used
>Chevron since I owned my 93, but to find out more, I am switching this week
>to 92 octane ARCO for $1.27 for one month.
>Kuk

Kuk:

According to the service manager at the local dealer (Wille Dodge Chysler),
my '97 has knock sensors. Presumably the advance must be variable based upon
the grade of the fuel, but nobody seem to know for sure.

Chevron is competetively priced (ie. the same) here as the no-name brands
which are supposed to be lacking in additives. Apparently Canadian fuels are
formulated different than in the US. I've been told my numerous sources to
avoid 87 octane (even Chevron) for both automotive and outboard use. I run
89 in everything, even my lawn mower.

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia