Re: Spitfires

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 1996 - 22:01:41 EST

That's what I always thought too, until I put Bosch Platinums in mine, and
it ran like a largish pile of puppy poop. The Splitfires ran okay in my
Dakota. The only thing that I can figure is that there's some difference
in the resistance (or whatever) between the plugs that the SBEC detects
and indicates as some kind of bizarre fault to the ignition. The dealers
will look you square in the eye and tell you earnestly to only run the
stock Champeens.

Beats me.

Larry