Auto tranny problem

From: winnerman (winnerman@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 1996 - 21:52:21 EST

My 1992 5.2 club auto tranny seems to fall out or gear somethimes. This
seems to happen most when the engine is still cold. It mostly happens
when I am dropping my kid off at school in the carpool line which I have
to turn up to a fairly steep grade. Starting from a complete stop and
slowly accelerating up the grade it seems the truck is not in drive and
reves and then finally goes. Could it be the clutch? Just turned 70K.
I know the previous owner had a radiator problem and not sure if water
entered the tranny. Radiator was replaced. Someone mentioned band
adjustment tonight. I did not know trannies still had band adjustment.

Thanks for any help.

Craig