Die Hard Battery -Reply

From: KEVIN DUNCAN (KEVIN.DUNCAN@mail.mei.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 10:31:00 EST

Ray Heffner wrote...

>Has anyone else had probs with the Sears Die
>Hard battery, is this a common prob with Dakotas, or is this a unique
>situation?

Sears Die Hard batteries really die pretty easy. We had one die after
only 1 year (in my wife's '92 Saturn). I have spoken with other people
who have also had to return Die Hards to Sears for replacement.

Fortunately, our local Sears gave us an even exchange (even though the
battery was 13 months old). Depending on the age of the battery, you
might try talking to the Sears Automotive manager about an exchange.

Good luck

Kevin Duncan
'94 Dakota Club Cab, 3.9 Liter Magnum V6