RE: Drive Train Roughness in 4wd

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 17:06:44 EST

From: James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM@INTERNET on Mon, Dec 9, 1996 4:55 PM

>Hmmm. Regarding your tire size problem:
>
>You can change the effective diameter a fair amount by changing the tire
>inflation pressure. Especially if you're running oversize tires like the
>10.5x31-15s I have on.
>
>You can get a close approximation to the rolling diameter by measuring the
>radius from wheel center to the ground (not center to top, or center to
>front or back). Get this to be equal, and you should be okay.

Mark Kraieski was the first to try the air pressure adjustment to verify if
it's rolling diameter related. I am planning on giving it a try tonight and
see what happens.

I am running Goodyear Wrangler Radials 235/75-R15's all around on stock
aluminum wheels. Where is 3/8-1/2" difference intread depth between the new
tires on the front and the used tires on the back.

Thanks for the input!

Dave