Not Ramette

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 12 1996 - 17:06:41 EST

Sorry Rick, as the chief offender of your sensibilities, I apologize.

A bit more on-topic: The ASD is the Auto-ShutDown circuit.

There is a relay in the fuse box to energize it.

NOTHING is supposed to happen if the circuit is tripped - that is,
you can't move the vehicle. I think it's intended for after a major
accident -- so that you don't create sparks under the hood that
could start a fire.

Neat trick: If you pull the relay, you've disabled the truck and
no one can steal it. This is for when you leave the truck at the
airport. The dealer I bought my truck from did it to all the ChryCo
cars outside their security fence.

Jim

  Inferior languages cannot compete and will succumb in the end.
    Assimilate now and reap the benefits of the collective.
             I am Java of Borg, resistance is futile.