(no subject)

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 12:19:00 EST

>Ned and Larry,

Actually, Larry sent you the codes, he just CC'ed me in on them...

>With regards to:
>> Code 12 = battery disconnect
>> Code 33 = A/C clutch cutout relay circuit
>> Code 55 = end of codes
>> Larry Elliott

>Thanks for the info. Just one (1, UNO, I, EIN) more posted query.
>What do these Codes mean? I mean does Battery Disconnect mean the
>Computer doesn't sense the battery voltage? The Truck starts fine and
>the battery seems plenty charged. So I would say either the Computer is
>FUBAR or a connection is !@#$!@#!@#. Does this sound right?

Code 12 just means that the computer has sensed a battery that his been
disconnected within the last 50 starts... after I had an alarm installed
in my Dakota, I got a Code 12, then 55 for quite some time... That one
"should" go away eventually... Has your battery been disconnected at all
recently that you know of??

>Now, Code 33 sounds like it has alot to do with my transmission prob.
>Is this possible that its not the 'Computer' and the 'Clutch cutout' is
>the problem? Is there a relay I can change first? Also, what is 'A/C'?
>and lastly does this Code indicate the problem could be with the tranny
>or the Computer?

>Forgive my stupid question, but in my previous post, I asked about
>A/C. This isn't Air Conditioning is it? I don't even have Air
>Conditioning! This is getting soooo complicated!

Yes it is Air Conditioning... and I don't think that this code is related
to your transmission problem. Due to the fact that you don't have air
conditioning, perhaps this code is normal for your truck...

>Long distance trouble shooting is not easy, but this group has helped
>me immensely. Thanks to all for past and future responses!
>(Love the truck - in 6 years this is the 1st problem I ever had with it.

>Can't ask for more than that!)

There was someone on the list who had compiled a list of all the computer
codes for all model years Dakotas, and he was going to set it up as a web
page... I don't recall who it was, but that'd be a good place to
double-check your codes... Larry, did you give Rick 1990 codes?? Rick,
you may be able to call the dealer and tell them about the A/C clutch
cutout relay circuit code and ask them what it means. And get the
Service Manual!!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------