Check Engine Codes

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 08:04:55 EST

Ned and Larry,

With regards to:

> Code 12 = battery disconnect
> Code 33 = A/C clutch cutout relay circuit
> Code 55 = end of codes
>
> Larry Elliott

Thanks for the info. Just one (1, UNO, I, EIN) more posted query.
What do these Codes mean? I mean does Battery Disconnect mean the
Computer doesn't sense the battery voltage? The Truck starts fine and
the battery seems plenty charged. So I would say either the Computer is
FUBAR or a connection is !@#$!@#!@#. Does this sound right?

Now, Code 33 sounds like it has alot to do with my transmission prob.
Is this possible that its not the 'Computer' and the 'Clutch cutout' is
the problem? Is there a relay I can change first? Also, what is 'A/C'?
and lastly does this Code indicate the problem could be with the tranny
or the Computer?

Long distance trouble shooting is not easy, but this group has helped
me immensely. Thanks to all for past and future responses!

-Rick Mahoney
'90 4x4 3.9L Automatic Dakotarama
(Love the truck - in 6 years this is the 1st problem I ever had with it.
Can't ask for more than that!)