Re: 5 speeds and Tires -Reply

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 21 1996 - 17:55:21 EST

In a message dated 96-12-21 15:29:37 EST, mopar@tough.com (Chris Smith)
writes:

<< You'd be surprised at how little many tire people (NTW or Discount
 types) really know about tires. >>

You'd be surprised at how little many people really know about tires,.
Being an Ex-Sears guy I ran across some guy who wanted 275/60/15's
on the front and rear of his girlfriends Mustang GT! I told him impossible.
He insisted and I put them on anyway and he said "See, they fit perfectly"
Then I said "Well let me take the car off the jacks first".....The car sat on
the tires,
all the guys were behind me crackin up! "I don't understand..." Those are
tires
for the rear end of a GS or Chevelle, and I showed him my GS with those tires
in the back. As for the car's with 5" of offset, we would align them...Toe
only and
no warranty...Stock Wranglers with 31/10.50's we would do it just because the
customer made such a stink. Now the salespeople's tire knowledge is a totally

different ballpark than the shop guys knowledge.

Kuk (35/12.50/15's Mud Terrains rear 72 Buick Stationwagon, 10' cb antenae)
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Dakota