Re: Break In (long) -Reply

From: Ken L Mansfield (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 1996 - 01:43:23 EST

Sam,

Sooo, either I'm not nuts, or we both are!!!

Since new, I have let the Dak, upon starting, run for:

2 min if the outside temp is 65 or higher
3-4 min if 32-65
5+ min if less than 32
Stay home w/ the wife if below zero

Same goes for momma's Ram Wagon.

That, plus Mobil 1 every 5K will take us a LONG way!

BTW, I went over 80K before have ANY brake work done.

klm
>>> Sam <sam_p@ix.netcom.com> 12/17/96 05:55pm >>>

    One other thing that I do (probably stupid, but it works for me) is to
let the
truck warm up 3-4 minutes in the morning before I take off for
work/play...

<snip>

    BTW: I STILL haven't touched my brakes!!! I figure I will replace
the
rotors/pads/shoes, turn drums, and flush the fluid @ 50000 miles...
So that SHOULD
get me to 100000 with only one brake service...

    Sam '95 SLT Dakota...