Wranglers

From: Scott Peth (scottp@seca.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 1996 - 13:44:02 EST

Mark Smith wrote:

> >>Dave Hornback wrote:
> >
> > I'm having problems with the stock Wrangler A/T's that came on my 95 4x4.
> > They have developed a cupping type of wear pattern that you would see with
> > bad shocks or bad balancing.
> >
> > I've kept them infated properly, rotated every 5k miles, balanced, and even
> > had it aligned at 12k miles. Now at 18k miles it looks like they are going
> > to bite the dust before 22-25K.
> >>
> >>Dave, if your last two vehicles had Goodyear rubber,it's not you, it's
> those crummy Wranglers. OK, they handle well enough, but longevity-wise,
> they suck, period. I guess Dodge is still spec'ing them on Dakotas? They
> were stock on my '89 4x4, I rotated them religiously, and they lasted
> like 16-17k. I haven't talked to ANYONE who would recommended them
> (other than a Goodyear dealer). I'll never get another set of Wranglers
> or any other Goodyear tire for that matter.
>
> Scott '89 4x4 convertible
>
> Hey Scott,
> What kind of driving are you doing to get only 16-17K out of a set of
> wranglers? My first set on my 95 SLT went for *42K*. There are others on this
> list that have 50K plus on theirs. I don't think the problem is with the
> tires.
>
> Mark
> 95 SLT
>

> *

OK, I do a lot of driving on winding mountain roads (there's about ten
hairpin turns on the road up to my house - the kind of road designed for
sports cars, not pickups) but come on! 16k miles from a $100+ tire! I've
gotten MUCH better mileage from Generals (don't remember the model), and
the Yokohama Super Diggers I'm running now.

Scott '89 4x4 convert.