Re: Irregular tire wear

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 1996 - 09:10:06 EST

----------
> From: Scott Peth <scottp@seca.com>
> To: dakota@sseg.ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Irregular tire wear
> Date: December 20, 1996 11:22 AM
> Dave, if your last two vehicles had Goodyear rubber,it's not you, it's
> those crummy Wranglers. OK, they handle well enough, but longevity-wise,
> they suck, period. I guess Dodge is still spec'ing them on Dakotas? They
> were stock on my '89 4x4, I rotated them religiously, and they lasted
> like 16-17k. I haven't talked to ANYONE who would recommended them
> (other than a Goodyear dealer). I'll never get another set of Wranglers
> or any other Goodyear tire for that matter.
>
> Scott '89 4x4 convertible

I must have done something wrong! My 89 Sport came with the Wranglers and
went 100,000km's with excellent wear! I was so impressed that I bought
another set and they went another 100,000km's.!! Now have BFG AT's with
80,000km's on them with little signs of wear. This truck has never had a
front end alignment and won't as long as I get tire wear like this! Rotate
every 20,000km's (if I remember :^))