Wheel lug pattern -Reply

From: Scott Lemser (SLEMSER@Compucom)
Date: Mon Dec 30 1996 - 15:01:24 EST

Scott Lemser

>>> Mark Jacobson <mjacob@VNET.IBM.COM> 12/30/96
12:39pm >>> WROTE:
Hi
I was wondering what the lug nut spacing is on the 1989
Dakota 2WD. I
think it might be 5 on 4 1/2" pattern.

Mark,
The bolt pattern on 5 lug Dakotas' is indeed 5 x 4 1/2.
For those looking for inexpensive custom wheels, look for
people dealing "Take - Offs" from any of the following;

Ford Ranger / Explorer, Mustang.
( I hate Ford, but they do have some decent wheels )

Jeep Wrangler, Cherokee / Waggoneer

Dodge, from nearly any RWD car built.

Toyota 2wd Trucks ( I can't believe I wrote that )

Usually you can find a wide variety of "Used" wheels at any
wrecking yard. Here in the Dallas area, there are way too
many used wheel/tire dealers, which makes it easy to find a
righteous deal.
I have on a couple of outings found sets of the Shelby
Dakota five spoke wheel for $120 a set. In comparison,
These are nearly the same "Hollow Spoke" wheels that
companies like BBS and Fitipaldi sell for $350 - $400 each.