5 Speed tranny noise

From: Donovan Steffenson (dsteffens@cabler.cableregina.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 1997 - 13:07:34 EST

I have a 91 Dakota with 5 speed standard and it makes noise as well while in
neutral with clutch released. Noise goes away when clutch is depressed. I
took the truck into the dealer who said the tranny needed work(under
warranty). Got the truck back after what looked like a total tranny rebuild
and it still makes the same noise. I have not had any problems and I'm at
130,000 KM now. I have heard from other people who have Dakota's, that they
make the same noise and that it is nothing to be worried about. Anyhow I
let the dealer look at mine because it was no cost to me.