Re: tonneau cover for 97

From: winnerman (winnerman@inetnow.net)
Date: Tue Jan 07 1997 - 12:33:22 EST

dion brownlee wrote:

> Don't get it if it is the kind that has the piano type hinge that is covered
> by a piece of rubber. The rubber will split after a couple of years and it
> will leak. Also the way it fastens to the bed is not very good either.
>
> Dion
>
> > I have a pretty tame question for the
> > list, has anybody seen or have the folding tonneau cover that Dodge
> > offers for the Dakota? I need something so that I can cover my
> > saddles or whatever when I need to,
> >
> > Peggy Krause
> > krausep@ccmail.orst.edu

I had a Performance soft tonneau cover on my old S-10 and loved it. It
came with a zipper near the cab to access anything that might have slip
to the back. You can also put a load bar to keep things near the cab
and access them through the zipper. It uses aluminum rails screwed to
the bed then the cover attaches to the rails by a piece of hard rubber
that fits into a grove. Very secrue and tight. Mount the tailgate rail
to the truck bed so you can open the tailgate without removing the
cover. Run the bow lenght way for better aerodynamic. Wind will not
catch the second rail when ran sideways. I found this cover to be the
only cover taht would work with a bed liner that covered the top of the
bed rails. The only water leakage was around the zipper when the truck
was parked with the front of the truck lower than the back.
P.S. Very easy to put on and take off.
Good luck!