Re: '97 with transmission? probs? -Reply -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 15 1997 - 20:05:46 EST

** High Priority **

Has anybody said anything about the tranny kickdown cable and that it
may be adjusted too tight so that with the slightest bit of throttle
it's shifting out of OD? I adjusted my kickdown cable one time to
get the transmission to shift down sooner, and I ended up tightening
it up too much, which didn't allow it to go into OD at all (before I
adjusted it, the tranny wouldn't kick down into 1st gear when you
mashed the gas). The cable can be adjusted VERY easily as it is
connected to the throttle body along side the accelerator cable.

- Rob Cobb (93 LE V8 auto)