Adjusting the tranny kickdown cable (was '97 with transmission? probs?)

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 1997 - 12:22:21 EST

Rob,

My Haynes manual says to adjust the throttle kickdown
cable where it attaches to the tranny case (underneath). It
is adjusted at the throttle lever by loosening the swivel
lockscrew, pushing the shift control lever fully forward and
tightening the screw. Nothing about any adjustments from
up top.

klm

>>> "Robert Lee Cobb Jr."
<S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu> 01/15/97 07:05pm

** High Priority **

Has anybody said anything about the tranny kickdown cable
and that it
may be adjusted too tight so that with the slightest bit of
throttle
it's shifting out of OD? I adjusted my kickdown cable one
time to
get the transmission to shift down sooner, and I ended up
tightening
it up too much, which didn't allow it to go into OD at all
(before I
adjusted it, the tranny wouldn't kick down into 1st gear when
you
mashed the gas). The cable can be adjusted VERY easily
as it is
connected to the throttle body along side the accelerator
cable.

- Rob Cobb (93 LE V8 auto)