Re: New (late) gift

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 1997 - 11:47:54 EST

> I just got a (late) gift of a Dremel kit!!! Boy, am I excited!!!
> Anyone got any tips about polishing the intake and exhaust
> manifolds? How 'bout the TBI?

Neat tools, so I've heard. I don't have one myself.

> Also, which way do you turn a bolt to loosen it...?

I hope that you won't be tearing up too much or your engine if you
don't know this one (it's counter-clockwise). If a bolt is stuck,
the best ways that I've heard of to loosen it are:

1. Liquid wrench or kerosene. Usually works, but you need to be
patient.

2. Kroil. Like liquid wrench but works better. Kinda expensive.
Don't know a source.

3. Heat. This might help with a rusted bolt. Probably better
for nuts than bolts. I recently heard of melting a candle on a
heated nut. If you can break it free, the wax makes a good lubricant
to get the nut off without breaking the stud/bolt.

Be sure to check the owners manual or a reputable source for bolts
or nuts on rotating parts. They may have left-hand threads.

-Jim.
'87 v6 auto 4x4

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com