RE: Cruise Control

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 1997 - 13:43:46 EST

From: mrh2047@megahertz.njit.edu@INTERNET on Mon, Jan 20, 1997 11:39 AM

>i don't want cruise control.
>
>it is all that added crap that either weighs the truck down or breaks. the
>less you have the less problems you have
>if it were up to me, i would take out my airconditioning, but it is under
>warranty and if i do, it will be hard to sell the truck at a later date.

Cruise Control and AC are two options I never thought I would need but now I
will never buy another vehicle without them. Electric Door Locks are another
option I demand on 4 door cars. I think once you have lived with these
options for awhile you may change your priorities on their importance.

As far as reliability is concerned these items (in my opinion) are pretty
much bullit proof. Over the past 17 years (+500,000 miles) I have never had
a power window, door lock, power seat (pwr seats and tilt wheel are the
least useful for me) or cruise control fail. AC on the other hand seems to
require some sort of attention after 100,000 miles and 4+ years of driving.

Dave Clement
89 Dakota LE w/pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors, cruise and AC