Re: Mud Flaps on 1997 Dak....

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 21 1997 - 11:58:01 EST

I got 31x10.5-15s on my alloy 6" rims without a hitch. Mounted them my
own self too.

I think you might have trouble with very stiff sidewall tires like the
BF Goodrich, but flexible-sidewall radials like Michelins work fine. I
think the stiff tires might be in danger of dismounting off road. I don't
worry with the flexi-fliers I'm using.

I do notice the extra sidewall roll when cornering hard though.

Jim

"The road to tyranny, we must never forget, begins
with the destruction of the truth."

-- Bill Clinton, 10/15/95, speech at University of Connecticut,
"Fifty Years After Nuremburg: Human Rights & The Rule Of Law"