Re: 96 mods (was help)

From: Jon N. Steiger (stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 22 1997 - 11:31:08 EST

>Completely different computer Jon, and you can tow as long as your octane is

  Hmmm... There's another computer available for the Dak? What are the
differences? Should I be considering something other than the SBEC?

>above 93. Supercharger towing, you bet your blower. No roots yet just Paxton

  Excellent! :)

>and Vortech, thanks for the compliment. As for how fast, how much spendin

  Yeah... I think the cyclonic-type blowers are probably more efficient
anyway. :)

>cabbage you got? A 300+ horse Magnum with forged pistons and a 250 NOS kit

  Well, my spending cabbage is a little molted. ;) I don't have much
of anything now, but if things go right, I may have enough a couple of
years down the road...

  As far as nitrous goes, I researched it a bit, and came to the conclusion
(possibly wrong) that I'd probably be better to stay away from it. It
seems to be much higher "maintenance" than a supercharger. That is, the
impression I got was that it is much easier to screw up an engine with
nitrous because you've got to stay on top of it all the time. Maybe, as I
get more comforatable with the Dakota and engines in general, it would be
something to look at a few Dakotas down the road...

>will run mid to low elevens at 3500 total weight. Reduce the weight to 3200
> or less, total and high 10's are in the bag. PS Jon, did you get the TB post
>for the home page?

  Yes I did, sorry for the delay. It is now available on the web page, or in
the "upgrades" directory on the ftp site.

  ftp: ftp://sseg.ait.fredonia.edu/pub/mailing-lists/dakota
  WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator, Academic Information Technologies.
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
       - Unless otherwise stated, these opinions and views are my own. -