Re: 96 mods (was help)

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 14:39:37 EST

The Master of Reality wrote:

> yes i have true duals with 1 O2 sensor on the right side
>
> there is no H pipe or Y pipe
> 2 cats, 2 mufflers
> 2.5"pipes
> 3" chrome tips out the rear
>
> -Master Of Reality
>
> '93 Dakota Sport
> 318 CID
> auto (unfortunately)
> 4X2
> short bed/cab

I would LOVE to see a under carrage picture of your exhaust system. I
have the same truck you do (93,V8,auto,short bed/cab,4X2) I think it's
the same color too! (emerald green). Anyway, this is what I origianlly
wanted to do to mine, a true dual system. Here in Texas when I
mentioned "dualing it out" all the muff. shops lost interest real
quick... "Cat-back but nothing more..." One place even explained that
to do this would cost me upwards of $50,000 if caught tampering with the
system above the cat. Good ol'fashioned EPA nonsense... Also how did
you run the pipes? Realestate is limited on the short bed. The gas
tank seems to be in the way...

Very curious...

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
---Used to have my sig. file here, but