Re: Auto (unfortunately) LONG POST!Not long Re:

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 12:13:19 EST

Too long to quote, However I never thought of it that way Sam??

I always loved my four speeds and the 5 spds but do not like the 5 spds for
racing.

I hate the screams when you miss a shift, chills my spine and wallet..

I hate those grates and grinds just before the screams..

In 93 the Auto was the only choice but the auot was rated to haul a lot more
than the standards on anything I looked at, they told me the clutch was the
weak point and the reason for that, must have changed there mind. I have a
35' pull behind travel trailer, the auto does a good job..

With the MP comp and the hills around here it usually doesn't shift out of OD
unless I get behind a dog and have to let off.

The shifter makes a nice place to rest my right wrist..

Lot more room for my left foot..

The only temperature problem I have is when I have the flue.. Runs cool
always..

No doubt about the challenge for quick times with the 5 spd, it is just that
around here at the races you only get 2 maybe 3 runs and I need to make them
all count, don't have the time for excuses or next times, it is here and now.

I am a pizza person and usually grab a couple of slices to go, It is pretty
trick eating pizza (especially soupy) while shifting, and steering, and
clutching, ect.

If your bold and brassy you do not need a hurt foot, you just leave it in "D"
and let your hands wander, here and there.... and then...

My wife has a Intrepid and she doesn't want to drive my Dakota anyway, My son
does though. Not..

And one of the biggest things is I can check the Tranny oil with the dip
stick.

Plus You can hold the break and smoke the tires without running into the guy
in front of you.

You can sneek out of the house without stalling it..

And your mother-in-law can use it to haul cat litter..

I guess they both have some advantages uh..

Bill