Be gentle. . .it's my first time.

From: Michael Bean (MIBEAN@MFOR01.FOR.GOV.BC.CA)
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 16:57:29 EST

To: DAKOTA --INTERNET dakota@sseg.ait.fr

Writer, Vancouver Forest Region
751-7140 MIBEAN@MFOR01.FOR.GOV.BC.CA
Took delivery of a '97 Dakota last week, and thought it would probably be a
smart thing to link up with other Dakota owners to make myself more aware of
the strengths (lots of those) and weaknesses (I haven't found any yet) of the
truck.

I got a base model 4 x 4 with the 3.9 litre. Finding the base model was
difficult and took some needling of more than one Chrysler dealer to get the
proper computer search to find it. I later learned that the truck I got was
the only base model in both British Columbia and Alberta. Apparently the
manufacturer sends the models with all the bells and whistles to the west
coast and keeps the base models in the east for two reasons: dealers don't
make much money selling the base models, and it costs just as much to ship an
exotic truck as the Plain Jane.

Generally, I like the truck (with the exception of the Shift Indicator Light
that's driving me right round the bend), but I'm suffering withdrawl
symptoms after the 1981 Jeep CJ5 I drove for more than 10 years simply
dissolved with cancer of the rear.It was the best vehicle I ever owned.

Look forward to swapping detail and the occasional lies. . .

Mike Bean
Gabriola Island
British Columbia

Touch not a cat bot a targe