Re: TBI Porting

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 1997 - 04:21:41 EST

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> << Well... lessee. You'll need the machine itself, the CNC/control unit,
> deionizing unit, water chiller, seperate programming station. About 200
> square feet ought to do it. >>
>
> Hmmmm Definitely won't fit in the shed, yep I thinks I may need it expand a
> little first.

you need the do-it-UR-self home model. several are offered. basically
you get a 40' single phase 220V line w/G, a pair of tennies to get wet
and stand in. batteries not included so you got to take apart a C
battery for the carbon rod.

then plug in 40' line, dump bucket water on tennies, hold male end of
energized 220V line in L hand and carbon rod in R hand. now place
{don't let the vibrations and buzzing, crackling, etc bother you :)]
your work on table and hold carbon rod over work at about .001" - .010"
in R hand and you'll notice a discharge of the work material and when
done the area you want to EDM will be gone...

this version fits in truck, brief case, etc...

neat huh? :)

i think you can find them on the satellite tv shows...

--

Jules/MPI 99 Tech Central Dodgeville, RAM USA