Re: your mail

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 21:10:21 EST

The hissing from behind the throttle butterflies, which is where the
automatic idle speed motor is, is probably air going through the idle air
passage. There's a plunger that extends into or is withdrawn from an air
passage in the throttle body to adjust idle speed. If the plunger is in
just the right position I imagine it could whistle or hiss pretty well.

Never heard it on my '92 3.9. Just about deaf as a board from
shooting and other noisy pastimes for the past many years though.

Larry