Re: Where did it go? -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 22:01:21 EST

** High Priority **

For you guys who don't like the noise of the fans, why don't you just
yank the stock fan and hook up with a 14" or dual 10" electric fans?
From what I have read before, they eliminate a LOT of noise coming
from the engine compartment, and they COMPLETELY eliminate any drag
coming from the crank fan. . .sooooooo freed up horsepower. Heck
with the gaining 15 HP, you'd probably gain 20 or more just because
you don't have the fan and no more noise. If you want to order one,
I think you can get them out of Summit Racing magazine for around
$100 (for the big electric fans) The only thing they do is pull a
little more out of the alternator, and if you're not running 1000
watts of stereo you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Just my two
cents.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd

At 10:05 PM 2/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Jane or Larry Elliott wrote:
>>
>> Without a viscous fan drive the noise from the fan on my '92 with
AC would
>> drive anyone but a dead man out of the cab. For the first half
mile it
>> sounds like a P-51 taxiing. Gawd a'mighty.
>>
>> Larry
>
>Tell me about it, my 97 has that same sound, btw does any one have a
>scan of a 97 black regular cab? I want it for my new desktop
wallpaper.

>Thanks,
>Kendall
>

>When I researched my 97, there was no suggestion that the viscous
>fan drive
>was an option. Any 97 that
>I have looked at has it. I sympathize with you, my fan is noisy for
>the
>first block or so, also.

>The Chrysler USA site has some red ones. Maybe you can change the
>colour
>with one of the paint programs.

>Rob Agnew
>ragnew@islandnet.com